Mixed Media and Stamping Special Event, Day 5
The artistry of Penny Black stamps and Creative Dies along with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft’s colorful Mix and Match mediums take the mystery out of the oh-so-trendy mixed media look! All this week we are honored to share projects using Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft’s NEWEST product, Mini Mixed Media Journals. And that’s not all, Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft’s guest design team is playing along too, sharing their beautiful work with our stamps! Check it out HEREand leave them some comment love for a chance to win three stamps from our newest release, Colorful Christmas AND a $50 Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Prize Pack.
Therese jumped into mixed media and stamping and her Mini Mixed Media Journal was a great place to combine the two!
Here are the steps and techniques she used:
- On a kraft sheet, Therese rubbed 2 blue hues of Gelatos. With a wet paintbrush, she mixed each color with water and dabbed the color on the top of her page. She added a little more water to the dabbed area and had the color run down the page. Once she got the desired effect, she let the page dry.
- Therese then colored 40-109 Allover Pattern with a yellow Gelato. She randomly colored different areas of the stamp with a green and gold Gelato. She heavily sprayed the stamp with water and stamped the image on the journal page. Then she let it dry.
- Once dry, she added more color to the dripped blue areas just to further enhance the blue colors.
- To create a distressed patterned paper look on the butterflies so she diecut 51-006 Flutters several times from watercolor paper. On the smooth side of the diecut, she brushed matte medium and adhered the desired side of patterned paper directly to the diecut. She then let the butterflies dry several hours. Once dry, Therese sprayed the butterflies heavily with water. She rubbed off the paper from the diecut and the resulting image was the desired side of the patterned paper. What a fun transfer! She let the butterflies dry once again and trimmed the edges with scissors. When the diecuts dried, she added red splatter using a red Gelato heavily mixed with water.
- On the dry journal page, she added even more texture. To do so, Therese diecut 51-009 Dots several times and overlapped each diecut to create a stencil. Using embossing paste, she used a small trowel to add a few dots around the perimeter of each page. Once complete, she let the page dry.
- Once this was all completed, Therese adhered the butterflies to the journal page. She also added washi tape and alpha letters!
So what will you be stamping this weekend? Perhaps you’ll try some of this week’s mixed media techniques! We’d love to see whatever you’re creating, why not upload it to our Penny Circle Flickr gallery or to our Facebook page?
Shop for today’s featured Penny Black supplies: