Creative Collaboration with May Arts, Day 2
Ribbon and stamping are simply a match made in heaven. That being said, we are beyond excited to have teamed up with the wonderful folks at May Arts for a week-long Creative Collaboration on BOTH of our blogs. Watch each day for your chance to win both stamp and ribbon prizes!!
Wouldn’t you agree that the the delicate silk May Arts ribbon complements Penny Black’s elegant stamps perfectly? This stunning card by Elizabeth will take your breath away!
Step-by-step, here’s how Elizabeth fashioned this stamped art:
1. Create a 4 ¼-inch square card base from white cardstock. Stamp Twirls in Wheat VersaMagic across the front. Set aside.
2. Place a few drops of Rose Bud Memento Luxe ink from the inker on a craft sheet and spray the ink with Gold Sheer Shimmer Spritz. Dampen May Arts ¼-inch white silk ribbon with water and then coat with the ink on the craft sheet. Let dry.
3. Wrap the dyed ribbon around a 5/8” x 4 ¼-inch piece of mat board and then attach to the left side of the prepared card with dimensional foam tape.
4. Sponge the edges of a 3 x 3 5/8-inch piece of white cardstock with Rose Bud Memento Luxe and then stamp Gathering Together with Golden Glitz Delicata ink. Mat with a 3 1/8 x 3 ¾-inch piece of white cardstock and a 3 ¼ x 3 7/8-inch piece of Forest Glen cardstock. Attach to the front of the card with dimensional foam tape.
5. Stamp Gathering Together three times on glossy cardstock in Claret StazOn. Trim elements as shown and add sponged highlights in Rose Bud Memento. Ink all cut edges with a Rose Bud Memento Marker.
6. Attach the trimmed elements to the front of the card using the stamped image as a reference guide for placement. Embellish with crystal Stickles.
What do you think the talented May Arts designers have cooked up today?
Want to create your own stamped art with beautiful ribbon embellishments? Here’s your chance! Leave a comment on today’s post, both here and on the May Arts blog, for a chance to win our T for Transparent stamp set, Bouquets, AND your choice of 1 spool of gorgeous May Arts ribbon. (Giveaway closes Sunday, March 16th, 11:59 PST.)
- 4381L Gathering Together
- 40-282 Twirls
- Mix and Match Cardstock: 01-001 Storm, 07-003 Forest Glen
- And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter!
May Arts Supplies: ¼-inch wide White Silk Ribbon