Welcome back, Virginia!
Today we celebrate Fun Friday with a fabulous friend! Welcome back, Virginia Lu! We’re so glad you are here with us on our blog again. Take it away…
Hello, dear Penny Black friends! It gives me great pleasure to share my work here with you today. The last release has really inspired me to create with SPRING in mind!
Since it is a rather large die, I thought I would share my step by step process with you.
- Make die cut with Tiger Lily II with watercolor paper (Canson 140 lb was used here). Cover up the stems and leaves with low-tack Washi Tape
2-4. Ink up the Tiger Lilies with Distress Ink with paint brush and acrylic blocks.
- Spray color mist (Heidi Swapp Color Shine, Creamsicle) over the Tiger Lilies to add extra colors/splatter.
- While the images are slightly wet, add Perfect Pearl for the shine.
- Dab some more color with TH Distress Crayons for contrast and vibrancy.
- Work on the stems and leaves (photos not shown here)
For the 2nd part, I worked on the butterfly background. As you can see, Butterfly Charmer is a large background stamp, but that doesn’t mean you have to use the entire stamp. I opted for “Selective/Partial Stamping”. The following photos will help you see how I created a colorful background. You can achieve a similar result by inking up part of the stamp.
- Line up the stamp with paper with a stamping tool (such as MISTI).
- Stamp the image, cut off the portion that you want to stamp.
- Remove the top portion.
- Stamp with yellow.
- Stamp again with pink. Remove the bottom piece of paper.
With a small strip of pattern paper, sequins and sentiment from Special Thoughts, you can create 3 special handmade cards.
It is so rewarding to see the project come to fruition. The stamps and die are so beautifully designed that anyone can easily create these cards. I hope this post inspires you to get creative with a large die such as Tiger Lily II. A big thank-you to Penny Black for inviting me! I truly have a blast creating with the awesome Penny Black products. For more inspiration and ideas, I would love that you stop by my blog: Yes, Virginia….
Hope you have a great weekend!
Well, Virginia, our weekend is sure to be great now that we have these amazing cards to inspire our stamping and die cutting! And if you need any more stamping inspiration, be sure you don’t miss these posts when you check out Virginia’s blog:
And don’t forget… TGIF!
“Like” our page on Facebook so you don’t miss out on any future inspiration from Birgit!
Shop for today’s featured Penny Black supplies:
- 51-203 Tiger Lily II
- 40-442 Butterfly Charmer
- 30-338 Special Thoughts
- And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter!