Mixed Media and Stamping Special Event, Day 4
The artistry of Penny Black stamps and Creative Dies along with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft’s colorful Mix and Match mediums take the mystery out of the oh-so-trendy mixed media look! All this week we are honored to share projects using Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft’s NEWEST product, Mini Mixed Media Journals. And that’s not all, Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft’s guest design team is playing along too, sharing their beautiful work with our stamps! Check it out HEREand leave them some comment love for a chance to win three stamps from our newest release, Colorful Christmas AND a $50 Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Prize Pack.
Leave it to Elizabeth to transform her Mini Mixed Media Journal…
…to a letter/key caddy!
Do you spy our new Slapstick/Cling background, 40-254 Decadence?
You can make one, too! Here’s how:
- Stamp 40-254 Decadence on a Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Mini Mixed Media Journal page in VersaMark Watermark ink and heat emboss with white embossing powder.
- Randomly apply Gelatos to the embossed pattern and blend with a damp towel or baby wipe. Tip/Hint: Rotate the damp towel between colors to a clean section when blending to keep the colors rich and vibrant.
- Using Faber-Castell PITT Artist Big Brush Pens, in coordinating colors, dab the pen ink in corresponding sections and “fingertip” blend to enhance the shading.
- Trim 1 inch from the long side without holes and mat on a 1 1/8-inch piece of black cardstock and mount to the trimmed edge.
- Turn the piece over and lightly score ¾’s of an inch from the edge with the holes with a craft knife. Gently bend on the scored line to create a subtle bend.
6. Align and adhere the decorative piece to a full sized Mini Mixed Media Journal page. Define all exterior edges with a Stamper’s Big Brush Pen in black.
7. Attach decorative hooks over the holes.
8. Die cut five butterflies (Flutters) from watercolor paper and color with Gelatos and then highlight with PITT Artist Big Brush Pens with the same technique used previously in the project.
9. Attach the butterflies to the elevated matted strip and adorn with colored snaps.
Tip/Hint: Thin strips of mat board attached to the back will give the piece additional dimension when mounted to the wall as well as cover the journal holes.
Bonus Idea: The binding rings are great to use as key rings.
Shop for today’s featured Penny Black supplies:
- Creative Dies: 51-006 Flutters
- Stamps: 40-254 Decadence
- Mix and Match Cardstock: 01-003 Storm (Black)
- And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Supplies: Mini Mixed Media Journal , Stamper’s Big Brush Pens (Orange Glaze 113, Cobalt Green 156, Deep Scarlet Red 219, Black 199), Gelatos (Tangerine, Metallic Mint, Red Cherry)